Animals, Cars, and Fairies

We didn't know what we were going to do this weekend, so we got out our "Baby's Day Out" book, a guide to fun things to do with babies and toddlers, and chose the LA Zoo. I don't know if I'd ever been there and Scott had maybe visited when he was still a kid. We had fun although it was a lot of walking up hill and chasing off bees. Ivy didn't get as excited about seeing the animals as we had thought she would. Most of the animals are just hangin out, sleeping after all. The gibbons were my favorite and the hippos were Scott's.

I thought this photo was a great illustration of Ivy's size right now. Last Friday she had her 1-year check-up. She weighed in at a whopping 17 lbs. 15 oz. and 29 1/2 inches. That puts her at 75% in height and 10% in weight. GO TWIGGY! The doctor wasn't concerned with her weight since she has been so active early on. I do think I may have to find another pediatrician though because when we were discussing adding enough protein to her diet he suggested hot dogs and bologna!! Yuck!!! I think we can find other things for Ivy to eat besides all of those nitrates, sodium, and discarded animal parts!


After the zoo, we decided to head over to the Petersen Automotive Museum. It was really cool. Scott and I have been talking about visiting the museum for years. There are some really nice displays with tons of cool cars including the Batmobile! We also got to see the Cars & Guitars of Rock 'n Roll Exhibit which included Reverend Horton Heat's 1950 Ford that he sings about along with his White Falcon guitar (oddly, signed by Tiger Woods). There is also a nice display of Chip Foose's cars and drawings. He's the designer for the cable show Overhaulin' which we are addicted to watching lately. We are looking forward to returning next month for a "Big Daddy" Roth exhibition. We would love to meet you Browns there!

Lastly, Ivy is beginning to get invited to kiddy birthday parties now. (Something Scott and I hardly ever got to do before she was born!) Today we went to a pirate themed party where you could dress up as a pirate, a mermaid, or a fairy. Ivy went as Tinker Bell. Here she is standing next to another cute fairy.
We sure packed in the fun this weekend. It's past 11 now on Sunday night. Can I go to bed now? O.K. Goodnight!

2 Comments:
I guess I need to comment since you gave us a shout out! Wow, your weekend sounds as eventful as one of ours! We also went to the Petersen recently, and of course we loved it. We will definitely join you for a Roth exhibit...and I'll bet the Mongers will, too!
WOW!!! The Batman car! Was it as cool in person as it was on TV when I was a kid? Man, that Ivy sure is a sweetie. Cute as a button, that one. To answer your question, yeah, that picture of me at the Rockies game shows my annual "October beard." We're going to Estes this weekend. All the trees are turning and everything looks amazing. We'll take some pics. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home