Life with Ivy

The McMic Clan in the LB.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Taumatized!

I was a terrible mom on Wednesday night. I totally traumatized Ivy. It all began when I got called off of work for the night. Happy to have a relaxing evening, I took a long shower and decided to use a black clay facial mask that my dermatologist recommended. It's hard to find the time to use it because I'm supposed to leave it on for half an hour. Anyway, I'm in the bathroom slothing it on my face and Ivy is playing and watching Scott play his guitar on our bed. Scott had warned me earlier that I shouldn't let Ivy see me with the mask on, but I thought it would just be funny to see her reaction if I just peaked out the bathroom door for a glance. I open the door and say, "Hi!". Ivy looked up, saw my face....At first I thought all was well and that she had a little smile on, but then suddenly, her lower lip began to swell and a look of complete terror was in her eyes!. She began to yell MAMA! MAMA! and scream! I ran to the sink to wash it off as Scott swooped her up and tried to calm her. I couldn't wash it off fast enough. She kept screaming and crying. When it was finally washed off, I held her and showed her that I was O.K. She was trembling and still upset, but calmed down a little. For the rest of the night, she kept looking right at my face, to make sure I was still normal and she would say, "Mama,.... Hi...." in a long drawn out sad voice. She was trembling for a few hours afterwards and had to sleep with us in our bed for the rest of the night. She even spoke in her sleep once saying "Mama, face, messy." The next day she was just fine. We've never spoke again about the "paint on mommy's face" and I swore to Scott that I will never let Ivy see me again like that until she is a teenager and wants to do it together with me!


Tell me, is this really so scary looking?

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger The Brown 4 said...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

FO...FACE...MESSY!!!!!!!

tee hee...couldn't resist that one! Poor Ivy!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Where's the Beach in PA? said...

I would be scared too Auntie Fo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home