Running on Empty
I'm sure most parents will agree that one of the best things about starting your kid off in daycare/preschool is the socialization and playtime that the kids get from each other. They eat together, nap together,run around together, and best of all learn to share each others toys. Sure enough though, they also intimately will share each others germs. Ivy is experiencing this right now. Last Friday when I was visiting her daycare, some other kid suddenly got really quiet and started to turn pale green. Their experienced caregiver, Gabby, noticed him right away and ran him into the bathroom. Sure enough he had to puke his guts out. I decided to get Ivy home as soon as possible so we left right away. It wasn't soon enough though because all this week now she has had the runs (and I guess most of the other kids there do too). She still has a little appetite and is drinking a lot so I'm hoping it will just "Run" it's course. The real bummer part of it all is that I had to stay home with her today, after working a 12 hour shift all night. Scott would have stayed home, but had a really busy day. I was hoping she would want to nap all day and watch cartoons on the couch, but Oh No, Ivy only took her usual 2 hour nap and somehow had the energy to run around the house and backyard for the rest of the day. At least she's feeling O.K.
Well, it's almost 9:00 pm now, Ivy is asleep, I think I'll crash out too.
I'm running on empty.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home